WINTER HOLIDAY IN THE
Mountains more than 2,000 m tall surround the Kleinwalsertal on three sides. Neither through traffic nor noise disturbs the intact and largely untouched natural landscape. This makes the valley a popular travel destination not just in the summer; this largest Austrian-German ski resort in conjunction with Oberstdorf also offers a great deal in the winter.
- 120 km of slope in all difficulty levels in the Kleinwalsertal-Oberstdorf ski resort
- Snow and fun parks for freestylers
- 45 km of cross-country ski runs in the Kleinwalsertal and 73 km in Oberstdorf
- Toboggan runs 150 and 1,500 m – two with climbing aids
- Natural ice stock alley
- Winter golf course
- 50 km of winter hiking trails
- Skiing and snowboarding schools
- Guided tours: snowshoe hiking, skiing tours, Nordic walking, telemark, ski fox, snow bike…
- Sleigh rides
- Museum, ski exhibition, mountain show, Breitachklamm gorge….
- Crystal Ground – Snowpark Kleinwalsertal
The snow park at the Kanzelwandbahn at the Kesslerlift is available to all free of charge as a “winter adventure playground” and “training site”.
The Kleinwalsertal offers you five classic cross-country ski runs with a total length of 42 km, at an altitude of 1,050 to 1,260m. For skaters, a loop of approximately 5 km is groomed on the Steinbock ski run in the Bödmen area. As a guest of Haller´s Posthotel, you pay no cross-country ski run fee with the guest card!
With over 50 km of cleared or prepared trails, a uniquely large network of winter hiking trails is available to you in the valley. Most of the trails are found in the valley and the side valleys up to 1,400 m.