Today, Haller´s Posthotel looks back at more than 100 years of history and tradition. In 1907/08, an inn – under its then name “Gasthof Engel” -– was constructed in a modern style in the middle of the village of Riezlern. The big attraction was a spacious ballroom along with a theatre stage, both of which were used from then on for all large events and theatre performances.
With the accommodation of the valley post office in the inn from 1909 to 1960, the foundation stone was laid at that time for the Hotel Zur Post. Additionally, this circumstance later also led to the hotel receiving its name, as the post office was well known to the residents and, over time, was increasingly connected with the inn.
After extensive renovation work, the inn reopened on 1 May 1932 under its new name “Gasthof Zur Post”. On 1 October 1932, an opening celebration took place for this with the band “Konkordia Riezlern”.
The hotel also had to overcome disasters. For instance, in July 1971 the roof framework was ablaze, causing major damage. However, with much effort & hard work, the new “Post” could be officially reopened on 27 October 1973 and could welcome back its guests.